What is the Mission of Love In the Name of Christ?
Love INC is in place in this area to truly “Help Churches Help People!” Our mission statement is: “to mobilize the Church to transform lives and communities In the Name of Christ.”
How long has Love INC been around?
The Love INC concept was first developed almost 30 years ago in Holland, Michigan. The concept was created to help churches be more effective in meeting needs. The Love INC of Hudsonville, Grandville, Jenison (Michigan) is 25 years old in 2009. There are over 140 Love INC ministries in 30 states. This local Love INC is currently the largest Love INC in the nation with over 46 different helping ministries meeting the needs of all kinds.
How is Love INC funded?
Love In the Name of Christ is primarily funded by donations and contributions from area churches, businesses and individuals. In 2004, this Love INC also developed a “Resale Ministry” concept which has been very successful in providing a portion of the ministry funding to help meet additional needs. Love INC continues to depend on financial gifts from a wide variety of donors to meet needs and help in many ways.
Does Love INC make good use of the dollars received?
Love INC carefully watches how every dollar is spent, and we have calculated that on a regular basis, Love INC is able to provide at least $50.00 of goods and/or services for each $1.00 given to Love INC! Now that is tremendous return on donated dollars — wouldn’t you agree!?!
How can Love INC provide over $50.00 worth of goods/services for each $1.00 given to the ministry?
This tremendous return on the dollar is possible because Love INC:
– Involves hundreds and hundreds of Christian volunteers to accomplish ministry
– Makes extensive use of good, usable donated product to meet needs
– Remains committed to operating debt-free
– Makes thoughtful and careful use of all funds received
What are some ways that Love INC helps to meet needs?
Over the years, this Love INC has been watching carefully to see where there are gaps in services and in meeting needs. As a result, with the Lord’s blessing, Love INC helps in hundreds of different ways — and meets over 90,000 needs of all kinds in a year of ministry! Some of the effective and need-meeting ministries in place include (but are not limited to) help with : food, quality meat through F.A.R.M. (Feeding And Reaching Many) Ministry, clothing, furniture, appliances, transportation, medical equipment needs, cribs, baby items, bikes, computers, new school supplies, new school clothing, Christian camp, foster care kits, lap robes and afghans for the elderly, Bible-based budget mentoring, Bible-based parenting classes, Bible based personal living classes, cooking classes, home repair classes, household repair volunteers through the SKILL Ministry (Showing Kindness In Labor of Love) — and much, much more!
Why is “In the Name of Christ” part of the name?
In the Name of Christ is the best part! As a ministry, we are a greatly effective church-networker and local ministry that makes a great difference in meeting needs and improving lives throughout our ministry area. And beyond that, we are able to share the gospel of Jesus Christ in all we do! Sometimes Christ is shared by the deeds and the help which we help provide — and many times Christian volunteers are able to share the message of salvation that is available for all who believe in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior! Love INC is much more than helping people with “stuff” — we are all about helping Christians live out their faith and touching people’s lives for Jesus Christ!
Why does Love INC need financial help at this time?
This Love INC ministry operates with prayerfully developed and carefully thought-out plans and strategies. Because of constant growth and more and more needs to meet, the Love INC of Hudsonville, Jenison and Grandville embarked on a two-phase building project in 2006. Phase I was the construction of a large warehouse to help accomplish more ministry and to relieve extremely crowded conditions. (It is built and debt-free!) Phase II was the completion of construction to double the size of our very successful LOVE’S TREASURES Resale Shoppe so we will be able to produce additional revenues on a regular basis to accomplish more ministry to help more people in need.
What is Love INC?
Founded in 1977, Love In the Name of Christ is a proven outreach model that helps churches help people in need. It is one of the most effective management, mobilization, and networking tools available to churches today.
Using the Love INC model, local churches come together as a network. It’s a cooperative effort that makes a lasting impact on individuals, families, and children in need.
Why do communities need Love INC?
Existing resources operating independently are not adequate to meet current and growing levels of need. In addition, one church alone cannot deal with all of the complex issues of poverty. It takes churches working together, across denominational lines, to meet these multifaceted needs. Love INC shows the love of Jesus Christ and brings help and hope to the poor and needy of our communities.
Why do churches need Love INC?
1. Jesus gave us the great commission to love one another. Love INC helps churches turn that love into action.
2. Many people never find an appropriate place to serve within their church. Love INC uses all the skills and talents a congregation has to offer. Time and again, Love INC volunteers tell how this type of service to others enriches and changes their life.
3. Love INC helps generate untapped volunteer resources that already exist in local churches to meet needs both within and outside the church.
4. Love INC screens requests for help as to nature, extent, and legitimacy.
5. Love INC helps prevent church duplication of existing services already available in the community.
6. Love INC discovers if those requesting assistance are already receiving help from other churches or agencies. The Love INC screening process ensures legitimate needs are met.
7. Through it Relational Ministry program, Love INC provides long-term, self-help solutions for those who are chronically in need or have multiple needs.
8. Love INC enables churches to assist those outside of their own congregation and be stewards of church resources.
9. Love INC helps prevent churches from building dependency in those they assist by discovering and solving problems at the root level.
10. Love INC helps churches to “own” their ministry to those in need, since Love INC is a Clearinghouse to assist churches in reaching out.
11. Love INC helps provide specific, manageable opportunities for churches to reach out with Gods’s love to people in need.
12. Love INC lessens the burden of any one church by increasing the use of volunteers to met legitimate needs and rotating assistance among network churches. Love INC is very cost-effective.
13. Love INC offers a unified witness of God’s love to the community as Christian churches work together in the name of Christ.
14. Founded in 1977, Love INC offers a proven, replicable model that can be easily translated to new communities. Love INC has an established track record in communities of all sizes.
Why does Love INC work?
There are unlimited resources in the Body of Christ that Love INC mobilizes on behalf of those in need.
Love INC gives Christians specific, manageable opportunities to put their faith and love to work in the service of people in need.
Love INC has over 30 years of experience mobilizing churches to meet the needs of its community.
Because Scripture tells us love never fails (1 Corinthians 13:8)
How does Love INC work?
The Love INC model has three levels. Each level goes deeper in fulfilling Love INC’s mission to mobilize the Church to transform lives and communities In the Name of Christ.
Level One: Clearinghouse Model. The Clearinghouse is the foundation of Love INC. Love INC screens requests for help for extent of need and legitimacy, and refers the request to a local church ministry, church volunteer, or community agency. Love INC follows up to ensure the need was met and to offer spiritual support.
Level Two: Relational Ministry Model. Church members are trained and linked by Love INC with individuals and families in need on a long-term basis to provide mentoring, goal setting, and spiritual and emotional support, along with the full array of services and resources available in the Love INC network.
Level Three: Comprehensive Community Development Model. Love INC goes further to meet needs of communities by addressing the deeper issues that contribute to poverty and hopelessness.
Do churches with differing doctrines participate in the same network?
Yes. As a matter of fact, Love INC currently has over 60 Christian denominations participating nationwide. Do you believe God calls your church to minister to the poor in your community? Are there individuals in your congregation who want to be involved in ministry? Churches that answer yes to these basic questions are on common ground. And that’s enough to begin a successful collaboration.